Friday 6 January 2023

January 6 Saunders Island and Carcass Island

The ship, and many of the passengers, made a couple of stops today.  The first at Saunders Island. I've learnt not to trust the descriptions of the landing and this time I think I chose wisely. In order to see anything one needed to walk quite a distance and up fairly steep slopes. Fearless Lindsay went ashore and enjoyed the experience although he came back pretty exhausted. His assessment was that I would have found it too hard.  Man oh man! am I getting passed it? surely not but I've been struggling to keep up with the younger passengers - and Lindsay (even the expedition leader had to have a break to rest)!  

This was the landing map - it wasn't quite accurate!
Tomorrow would see us at sea on our way to Ushuaia but tonight the evening was splendid with beautiful skies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 looms!

 Stay in touch as we take in more of Australia hwheat2024.blogspot.com